For most companies, the starting point for achieving Service Management excellence is their capability to support enterprise and end user technologies, often referred to as Help Desk or Service Desk. A well-run Service Desk does more than support business processes and control costs. It creates customer satisfaction and provides end users with an optimal "face to IT". In fact, a 2010 HDI study revealed that 84% of the people they surveyed indicated they derive their perception of IT from interactions with the Service Desk.
For organizations that require superior customer support, both internal and external, CDI provides best-in-class Service Desk experience from our US-based service Centers of Excellence (CoE). Built upon a foundation of industry-standard HDI and ITIL practices, CDI provides flexible, scalable and unique "blended" service models that enable our clients to reduce their cost of support by 25% or more, in line with offshore providers. CDI's commitment to metrics-driven results and to retaining and developing our professional support personnel contribute to end user satisfaction levels of 90% or more. With more than 300,000 incidents handled annually, CDI is well-suited to handle everything from Level 1, 2 and 3 support up to and including all Service Management needs.
CDI's application and infrastructure support services are designed to specific client needs to ensure total satisfaction. Some examples of specific services we provide include:
- Level 1,2,3 support
- Phone, chat, email and web support
- Full incident, problem management
- Complex Service Desk IT projects including test labs and network portals
- Disaster recovery and business continuity for operations
- Consulting support for creating a tailored customer experience
- Integration of service transition processes including change management, release management and asset management
- Design and implementation of knowledge-based self-help solutions
- Call management optimization
- Service level management and metrics/KPI development
CDI’s extensive Service Management expertise and methodology support a wide range of service desk functions including on-site and remote support, desk-side support and multiple methods of interaction such as phone, chat, email and web self-service. Our North American-based CoE provides the advantages of same time zone and cultural similarities allowing for successful end user and management communication. CDI utilizes the following framework to ensure consistent, scable and high-quality delivery for companies of any size and industry:
US-based Service Centers of Excellence: We invest in facilities that allow us to manage our client engagements to the highest levels of customer satisfaction. Our rural sourcing model provides a cost-competitive solution compared to offshore sourcing models. By using a physical location for our call centers, our teams can detect trends and share information faster, providing significant benefits to our customers.
Skilled, Stable IT Talent: Our low single-digit turnover means that when calls are received, they are answered by an agent familiar with the customer and can address an issue quickly and efficiently. Our fully-trained, stable workforce is knowledgeable in the requisite technology and client-specific environment, allowing us to achieve the highest levels of customer satisfaction and first-call resolution.
Enterprise-caliber Tools and Technology: CDI utilizes incident and problem management, integrated call management and workforce management systems, as well as custom implementations of leading technology such as pop-up identifiers and a local Google mini. This range of technology supports efficient service and high ticket closure rates. CDI is also well-versed in leveraging third-party solutions from HP, BMC, CA and other large vendors.
Certified Processes: CDI's HDI certification indicates that our processes were developed to meet world-class standards in 8 categories encompassing 64 different metrics. CDI processes have been certified since 2007 and continue to meet internationally-recognized standards for both completeness of the methodology and our adherence to it in servicing our clients.
Metrics-driven Operations: Our operations are managed with granular attention to metrics, resulting in industry-leading SLAs and performance. Our clients have enjoyed results including:
- First-call resolution at more than 35% above the industry average
- Customer satisfaction scores that consistently exceed expectations
- Abandonment rates 20% lower than industry norms
Continuous Improvement: Our processes allow for feedback loops that provide information needed to make adjustments and improvements throughout the life of our client engagements. We constantly evaluate the thoroughness of our agents and the completeness of the knowledge base and work with our clients to improve our service to their users. By monitoring both call types and caller demographics on a weekly and monthly basis, CDI helps identify root-causes for call volume and offers suggestions to eliminate common issues. Tracked metrics also provide the basis for new knowledge based articles to provide self-help options and help speed resolution by our agents.
CDI brings together professional IT talent, enterprise-caliber support tools, ITIL-based processes and world-class facilities to support a wide range of technologies across multiple industries to deliver results such as:
- Reduce end user support costs by 30% or more
- Deliver end user satisfaction ratings of 90% or more
- Resolve 85% of incoming issues on the first call
- Reduce the need for desk side support by up to 50%
- Recover 10-20 days for each application developer annually
Case Study Briefs
CDI has helped numerous clients achieve customer support with superior levels of end customer satisfaction.
- A major Fortune 300 financial services organization needed to minimize end user downtime and introduce economic efficiencies. Multiple Level 1 and Level 2 service desks were combined under CDI and managed from our CoE. We consolidated tools, platforms and multiple supporting functions including user and content access. We also created an extensive knowledge base. Our client was able to achieve their financial cost saving goals while increasing end user satisfaction and first call closure on a continuous basis over a multiyear period, including support of a heavy acquisition pace.
- A large Midwestern research university was dissatisfied with a legacy provider and wanted a new and improved service desk solution. CDI combined Level 1 and 2 service desks and re-engineered the self-help web site. The resulting stabilized IT support received solid and consistent feedback from students, faculty and staff. Record levels of CSAT were achieved and adoption rates continue to increase.
- A Fortune 100 aerospace organization required specialized global support for remote access system management. CDI provided a mix of on-site and remote support to ensure that a global workforce had the information they needed, regardless of where they were, to service customers around the clock.
- An energy industry products company had an informal help desk staffed by key developers on an ad hoc basis. Support was handled informally by multiple organizations. CDI went on site and established a full process and methodology, then implemented a physical service desk providing organization wide support. The new service desk provided efficient problem management, and key project resources were relieved from extraneous work.